Clock in and Clock out issue!

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
Scott Hack

Clock in and Clock out issue!

Post by Scott Hack »

Tomorrow is payroll. So I go in and run the report and notice that one of my employees hours is really wrong. After looking at just his report... I've noticed at least 3 days that are just not showing up in the system. Yet when I look at the daily sales report it shows that he workd and logged deliveries. I looked at his clock-in/clock-out record and all the records are in numerical order, but it looks like he never clocked in or out on the days that are missing. It is very odd. Any way to find out what caused this or if I can get that data back?
Scott Hack

Post by Scott Hack »

After more review it is even more odd that he is missing 4 days - and those four days are the Thursday and Saturday from each week.
PJsPizza

Post by PJsPizza »

I have also had this problem. I have one employee that works 40 plus hours a week. I have been paying him for all the hours he is scheduled just because his payroll report is always aprox 22 hours per week. I know that he is clocking in and out but it is not recording his hours all the time. So we end up paying him for hours that he may not of worked. It seems like it is only his that is doing that though. Not all of the employees. This has been going on since we first down loaded 5.0. I had posted a message about this problem previously. Back on October, 8 2004. It was under wish list.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The clock logs should be updated at every transaction. If this is not happening, I am going to need more information to track this down.

Does it seem to be happening from one specific station on your network?

Is the employee clocking in and out a lot of times during the week (more than 300??)?

If you clock the employee in with the management tool does it get logged?

I cannot duplicate the problem here yet, so any additonal information would help me find the cause of the problem.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

:!:

I found the problem in the Daily Maintenance Routine! Click on this link to download an updated daily maintenance module and unzip the file into your main POS Pizza folder so that it replaces the original one.

:arrow: You can verify that you have the update by right-clicking on the DailyMaint.dll file and then going to Properties and then selecting the Version tab. The file version should read 5.1.0.1.

We will release an updated POS Pizza package in the next few days that will contain this fix. If you use this zip download then you should not need the full update. I will post an announcement when it is ready.

Scott
Scott Hack

Post by Scott Hack »

Is it safe to just copy this over the other files as long as POS Pizza isn't running, even if I havne't run Maintenance today, or should I wait until tonight?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Scott Hack wrote:Is it safe to just copy this over the other files as long as POS Pizza isn't running, even if I havne't run Maintenance today, or should I wait until tonight?
You can copy it now. Just shutdown any Main POS, or Manager stations as they will attach to the DLL and prevent it from being copied if they are running.

You definitely want to replace this DLL *Before* running daily maintenance.

Scott